Terms and Conditions of Service
Here at Sydney Onsite Computer Services we like to write things in plain English so anyone can understand them. We want our customers to be on the same page as us to ensure every customer gets the best possible experience from using our services.
If there’s still something you can’t quite wrap your head around feel free to give us a call or send us an email via our contact form!
- At the time of initial booking, a brief description of your computer problem will be requested. Your details including full name, residential/business address, email address, contact number and a credit card number will also be requested and stored in order to secure your appointment.
- Depending on your locality, a minimal call out fee may be charged. More information can be obtained when booking a service with us.
- An appointment will be scheduled and a technician will be arranged to attend your premises at the agreed appointment time.
- In the event that due to circumstances beyond our control, a technician is unable to attend your premises at the scheduled appointment time, you will be contacted in advance to advise of the situation and an alternate time will be scheduled.
- A technician will arrive at your premises and address the issues you have raised with your computing devices. Once an initial diagnosis has been performed, the results and the suggested methods of repair will be discussed with you. Upon your agreement, repairs will commence.
- On completion of the service, the assigned technician will generate a tax invoice for payment detailing the work which has been carried out. This invoice must be paid before the technician leaves the premises unless you have a credit account with us.
- Your tax invoice will be emailed to you and/or printed at your premises if you wish to have a hard copy and can be accessed online at any time through our client login area.
In some instances, the work required at your premises may take several hours to complete onsite. In the interest of saving our customers money, the technician may request permission to take your computing devices offsite and charge you a flat-rate for all the work completed.
The choice to have your equipment taken offsite is entirely up to you, however, if you choose for the technician not to take your equipment offsite and instead continue to work onsite, the applicable hourly rate will be charged until all work is completed.
Sydney Onsite Computer Services provides a remote support option for clients who are located outside our coverage area or who opt to have work carried out remotely. The following terms apply to clients who choose to use this service as a one-time option.
By installation of the SOCS Remote Support tool, you authorise a member of the Sydney Onsite Computer Services support team to view your desktop and share control of your keyboard and mouse at your request. This may include access to or modification of settings related to any software, hardware or other network-connected equipment and peripherals.
All services rendered via our remote support service still incur the same hourly charges as an onsite visit minus the call-out fee (where applicable).
You hereby waive any and all claims against Sydney Onsite Computer Services or any of its contractors, agents, affiliates, directors and officers relating to or arising out of any damage or loss of any nature whatsoever that results, directly or indirectly, from Sydney Onsite Computer Services remotely connecting to your computer systems as requested by you pursuant to this Agreement, including, without limitation, loss of data and damage to your computer hardware, software and/or any related systems.
To sign up for the SOCS Remote Support Client permanent installation please visit the following link and fill out the agreement located at the bottom of the page:
Payment & Billing Policy
- All services require payment at completion of service unless credit has been authorised by Sydney Onsite Computer Services.
- Accepted methods of payment are cash, direct deposit (bank transfer) or credit card (incurs 2% surcharge – Visa or Mastercard only. Premium cards attract a surcharge of 3.5% and must be processed over the phone). Cheques are not accepted.
- New customers to which credit is extended must pay the invoice total within seven calendar days of the invoice date. Five calendar days after the payment due date has passed, a late fee of $11.00 including GST will be added to the invoice unless a satisfactory explanation is provided.
- Existing customers to which credit is extended but do not have late fees enabled on their account must pay the invoice total with seven calendar days of the invoice date. Two consecutive instances of non-payment by the due date will result in retraction of customer credit unless a satisfactory explanation is provided. All further work will require payment upon completion of service.
- Service charges commence from the agreed appointment time, even if the client is not present at that time. For example, if the appointment is at 12pm but you do not arrive until 12:30pm you will be charged from 12pm as this was the pre-arranged appointment time.
- Any cancellations or modifications to your appointment time must be advised within a minimum of four hours of that appointment time. Insufficient notice may result in a fee equivalent to the minimum hourly rate being charged to your supplied credit card.
- A fee equal to the standard hourly rate plus any applicable call out fees will be charged to your supplied credit card for failure to present for your appointment.
- Appointment times booked prior to 9:00am or after 4:00pm on any given day may incur an additional surcharge in order to cover extra travel time during peak traffic periods.
- The cost for our services is inclusive of labour only. Any necessary software or hardware which is required in providing service to the client is at additional cost.
- If we identify a solution to your problem and you choose not to implement that solution, we have met our obligation to diagnose your problem and will require payment. Sydney Onsite Computer Services does not have a no fix / no fee policy.
- By providing your credit card number at the time of booking, the client authorises Sydney Onsite Computer Services to charge the nominated credit card in respect to the conditions listed above.
- Continually unpaid invoices may result in temporary suspension of service until all accounts are finalised.
- Failure to pay invoices or withholding payment without satisfactory explanation will result in legal action being pursued against the client and cessation of the client’ s service indefinitely.
- The client is liable for all monies (including but not limited to Solicitors costs, Court costs and disbursements) expended by us in recovering payment of any unpaid invoice.
Processing & Storing of Credit Card Information
Sydney Onsite Computer Services utilises the service of Web Active Corporation Pty Ltd Trading As eWay to handle the safe storage and processing of sensitive credit card information. eWay is a tier-one PCI DSS Complaint merchant provider which uses a token payment system to encrypt credit card data. You can view more information regarding this by visiting their website:
Sydney Onsite Computer Services does not store or retain credit card information pertaining to our customers at any time or under any circumstances.
- Sydney Onsite Computer Services accepts no liability for loss, corruption or modification of data which exists on the customer’s computer. It is the responsibility of the client to backup all important data. Sydney Onsite Computer Services provides a data backup service, however, this is at additional cost to the customer.
- Sydney Onsite Computer Services reserves the right to refuse and/or terminate service at its discretion without notice.
- Sydney Onsite Computer Services assumes no responsibility for failure to read and adhere to these terms and conditions.
Use of this Website
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully before using this website:
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, "Us", "Our" and "We" refers to Sydney Onsite Computer Services and "You" and "Your" refers to you, the client, website user or person using our website.
AMENDMENT OF TERMS
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. Please check these terms regularly prior to using our website to ensure you are aware of any changes. We will endeavour to highlight any significant or substantive changes to you where possible. If you choose to use our website then we will regard that use as conclusive evidence of your agreement and acceptance that these terms govern yours and Sydney Onsite Computer Services' rights and obligations to each other.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
It is an essential pre-condition to you using our website that you agree and accept that Sydney Onsite Computer Services is not legally responsible for any loss or damage you might suffer related to your use of the website, whether from errors or from omissions in our documents or information or from any other use of the website. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
COMPETITION AND CONSUMER ACT
For the purposes of Schedule 2 of the Australian Consumer Law, in particular Sections 51 to 53, 64 and 64A of Part 3-2, Division 1, Subdivision A of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Sydney Onsite Computer Services' liability for any breach of a term of this agreement is limited to: the supplying of the goods or services to you again; the replacement of the goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied to you again.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Sydney Onsite Computer Services may from time to time provide on its website, links to other websites and information on those websites for your convenience. This does not necessarily imply sponsorship, endorsement, or approval or arrangement between Sydney Onsite Computer Services and the owners of those websites. Sydney Onsite Computer Services takes no responsibility for any of the content found on the linked websites.
Sydney Onsite Computer Services' website may contain information provided by third parties for which Sydney Onsite Computer Services accepts no responsibility whatsoever for information or advice provided to you directly by third parties. We are making a 'recommendation' only and are not providing any advice nor do we take any responsibility for any advice received in this regard.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Sydney Onsite Computer Services absolutely disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Sydney Onsite Computer Services gives no warranty that the documents will be free of errors, or that defects will be corrected, or that our website or its server is free of viruses or any other harmful components.
Whilst we, at all times endeavour to have the most accurate, reliable and up-to-date information on our website, we do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the result of the use of any document, link or information in its website or as to their correctness, suitability, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
It is your sole responsibility and not the responsibility of Sydney Onsite Computer Services to bear any entire costs of servicing, repairs, or correction. The applicable law in your state of territory may not permit these exclusions, particularly the exclusions of some implied warranties. Some of the above may not apply to you but you must ensure you are aware of any risk you may be taking by using this website. It is your responsibility to do so.
You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email. All information we receive from our customers, is protected by our secure servers. Sydney Onsite Computer Services's secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data Sydney Onsite Computer Services collects is secured against unauthorized use or access. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
Sydney Onsite Computer Services does not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. We may however use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve its website and its services but not for any other use.
DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Sydney Onsite Computer Services may be required, in certain circumstances, to disclose information in good faith and where Sydney Onsite Computer Services is required to do so in the following circumstances: by law or by any court; to enforce the terms of any of our customer agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Sydney Onsite Computer Services, its customers or third parties.
EXCLUSION OF COMPETITORS
If you are in the business of creating documents for the purpose of providing them for a fee to users, whether they be business users or domestic users, then you are a competitor of Sydney Onsite Computer Services. Sydney Onsite Computer Services expressly excludes and does not permit you to use or access its website, to download any documents or information from its website or obtain any such documents or information through a third party. If you breach this term then Sydney Onsite Computer Services will hold you fully responsible for any loss that it might sustain and further holds you accountable for all profits that you might make from such unpermitted and improper use.
Sydney Onsite Computer Services reserves the right to exclude and not permit any person from using its website or any of the documents and information contained on it.
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK AND RESTRICTIONS OF USE
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, trademarks and graphics. You are not permitted to reproduce the documents, information or materials on the website for the purposes of sale or the use by any third party. In particular you are not permitted to republish, upload, transmit electronically or otherwise or distribute any of the materials, documents or products that you may download from time to time on this website.
Sydney Onsite Computer Services expressly reserves all copyright and trademark in its website and in all documents and information on its website and reserves the right to take action against you if you breach any of these terms.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only; and you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
These terms and conditions represent the whole agreement between you and Sydney Onsite Computer Services concerning your use and access to Sydney Onsite Computer Services' website and your use and access to the documents and information on it. No other term is to be included in this agreement except where it is required to be included by any legislation of the Commonwealth or any State or Territory. All implied terms except those implied by statute and which cannot be expressly excluded are hereby expressly excluded.
EXCLUSION OF UNENFORCEABLE TERMS
Where any clause or term above would by any applicable statute be illegal, void, or unenforceable in any State or Territory then such a clause shall not apply in that State or Territory and shall be deemed never to have been included in these terms and conditions in that State or Territory. Such a clause if legal and enforceable in any other State or Territory shall continue to be fully enforceable and part of this agreement in those other States and Territories. The deemed exclusion of any term pursuant to this paragraph shall not affect or modify the full enforceability and construction of the other clauses of these terms and conditions.
This agreement and this website are subject to the laws of NSW and Australia. If there is a dispute between you and Sydney Onsite Computer Services that results in litigation then you must submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.